Donald Trump can and should defeat Joe Biden on November 3rd. Beyond the advantage of being an incumbent, Trump has a devoted following of loyal voters. But if you believe the polls, Trump had a rough start to the summer. I tend to agree that the polls were somewhat correct in this regard, but they wildly overestimated Biden’s lead in the polls.
The polls are tightening now, and Biden’s once double-digit lead is down to 6.4 in the national Real Clear Politics polling averages. To be fair, the national polls were essentially correct in 2016, however, they are pointless given that we live in an Electoral College system, and only the final results in the states matter to the overall election outcome.
As election day approaches, there are some talking points that Trump could be deploying more effectively that could bury Biden in November. If the Trump campaign asked me for my advice (which I am not expecting them to do, but still, the offer stands) I would offer them three messages that Trump should use to hammer Biden incessantly. They are the following:
1. Trump Is The Last Line Of Defense Against The Radical Leftist Mob
“Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our Founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities. Many of these people have no idea why they are doing this, but some know exactly what they are doing. They think the American people are weak and soft and submissive. But no, the American people are strong and proud, and they will not allow our country, and all of its values, history, and culture, to be taken from them.”
Those are the words of President Donald Trump from his historic July 3rd speech at the foot of Mt. Rushmore. The President’s pre-Independence Day speech was the most important of his presidency. He spoke to the current state of lawlessness and the attempts by the radical Left to obliterate the Founding era from the national memory in an Orwellian fashion; by doing so, they will implement that socialist agenda.
Trump has an untapped market of potential voters who love this country but are afraid to speak out for fear of being torn to pieces by the angry mob. President Trump can speak to these people and say “I will be your voice.” This is a great country and millions of Americans want to protect it and don’t believe violence is the answer to any perceived ills in the country.
The President should use his Mt. Rushmore speech as the new template for his campaign. Floppy Joe Biden wouldn’t have much of a rebuttal to that.
2. Make Joe Biden’s Mental Lapses An Issue In The Campaign, But Don’t Make Fun Of Him
Vice President Biden’s mental lapses and gaffes are an obvious sign of his declining cognitive aptitude. Everyone knows it, including his advisors, that is why they have been keeping Biden locked in his Delaware basement so they can ensure that he limits his embarrassing comments that could cast doubt in the eyes of voters.
However, Trump shouldn’t make fun of him for his lapses. There are millions of seniors who struggle with similar issues including dementia and Alzheimer’s. I don’t wish these diseases on anyone, even Joe Biden. However, Biden is running to be the president of the most powerful nation on earth, and his mental acuity is of supreme importance. He must be on his game at all times, and Biden clearly isn’t and his brain will continue to decline as he gets older.
For that reason, Trump should seriously and respectfully make his opponent’s mental state an issue while refraining from stooping to the personal attacks and childish mockery that the Left frequently employs.
3. Trump Needs To Tout His Successes
Many Americans don’t like Trump’s brash style. Many of their concerns with the president are of a stylistic nature and not a substantive one. Yes, his frequent tweets often get him into trouble, and his way of speaking to others is often off-putting, but he has many policy-based accomplishments he can rattle off as he campaigns. He can remind the American people of how successful he has been despite the Washington Swamp and the media’s efforts to take down his presidency. Trump should also reclaim the narrative from the Dems and media that he hasn’t handled the coronavirus pandemic properly. He has done everything in his power to get supplies to the states and has streamlined the process for a vaccine at a pace never accomplished in history.
Here are some of his other accomplishments as of only September 2018, as reported at WhiteHouse.gov:
- Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
- A record number of regulations eliminated.
- Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
- Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
- Provided more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
- Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
- Reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
- Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
- Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
- Reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
- Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
- Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
- United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
- Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
- Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
- Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
- NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
- Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
- Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
- Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
- Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
- Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
- Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
- Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
- Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
- Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
And that is just a small sample of the many of accomplishments of his presidency. Sticking to policy-based arguments can highlight just how much good Trump has actually done for the country in the last four years, and it makes a convincing argument for why we could benefit from four more.
If Trump takes my advice, I believe he will win—and win big—in November. All of these factors combined can effectively overcome the joint efforts of the Democrats and the media, and the walking corpse that is Joe Biden will never make a return to the White House.